As the Highland Hotel has offered a good weekly rate it has been decided to extend the programme to cover the week which will commence on Monday 3rd August. The updated draft programme is as follows:
- Monday Afternoon Registration
- Monday Evening Pipes & Drums entertain clan in village square. Gathering Flame lit on castle ramparts.
- Tuesday Morning 9.00am: Registration to continue. 10.00am: MacKenzie Parliament in The Pavilion.
- Tuesday Afternoon Workshops & Seminars at Community Centre.
- Tuesday Evening Tour of the Highland Archive & Registration Centre & Civic Reception at the Town House.
- Wednesday Morning Buses to Culloden for tour of Battlefield & Visitors Centre; lunch at the Visitors Centre Café.
- Wednesday Afternoon Buses to Ardersier for Tour of Fort George & Museum of the Queens Own Highlanders.
- Wednesday Evening Buses for tour & supper at Dalmore Distillery (once owned by Mackenzies).
- Thursday Morning Buses to Clan Donald Centre on the Isle of Skye & the Museum of the Isles at Armadale.
- Thursday Afternoon Lunch in restaurant at Clan Donald Centre then to Eilean Donan Castle.
- Thursday Evening Fashion Show featuring Siobhan Mackenzie’s “Clan Mackenzie Collection”.
- Friday Morning Walk to Loch Kinellan to view crannog & Battle of Park.
- Friday Afternoon Lunch followed by Seminar at the Community Centre on the Battle of Park & its context.
- Friday Evening MacDonald Encounter in Strathpeffer Village Square then The Reconcilation Ceilidh & BBQ.
- Saturday Strathpeffer Highland Games in castle grounds.
- Saturday Evening Grand Clan Banquet & entertainment in the marquee in castle grounds.
- Sunday Morning Religious Service & Kirking of Tartan; AGM of the CMSSUK.
- Sunday Afternoon Group photos, castle tours, tea.
- Sunday Evening Farewell Supper; Closing Ceremony.
If you have not already done so, please notify the Treasurer of your intention to attend by e-mailing email@example.com It would be helpful if you could include the number of people in your party.
Please download our Brochure & Booking document that includes Gathering details, prices and a booking form.