Draft Programme (TBC)
Friday 7th pm
- Arrival, registration and meet and greet. No formal activities.
- Own dinner arrangements to be made (suggest D,B&B package)
- Working with local hotels to secure bed spaces
- Early morning registration for late arrivals
- Coach transfer from Inverness to Strathpeffer Highland Games
- Coach transfer from Strathpeffer Highland Games to Inverness
- Evening walk around Inverness with Pizza/Beer at Black Isle Bar (TBC)
- Otherwise organise own dinner etc
- Coach transfer Inverness to Ullapool
- Luggage transfer to vans at Ullapool
- Travel as foot passengers on late morning ferry to Stornoway
- Coach transfer to Hotels (only for those booked into recommended hotels) Attendees responsibility to book hotels.
- Vans will drop off luggage at Hotels (those booked outwith the recommended hotels will pick their luggage up at the Caberfeidh Hotel and be responsible for getting to their own accommodation)
- 1st night see below
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday day time.
- Pick up from Hotel and travel by coach to that days tour, 4 itineraries in all. (those outwith the recommended hotels will need to get to a central point for pick up)
- Each group will do the 4 tours over the 4 days (if more than 4 groups, then tours will be duplicated)
- Each tour will include soup and sandwich lunch and a coffee and cake/scone stop in the package
- TOUR A: West Side Lewis: Butt of Lewis, Eorpie Church (walk), Port Ness, Commun Nìs/Air an Lot, Gearranan Blackhouses, Dun Carloway and Callanish Stones
- TOUR B: Point: Eaglais Na H-Aoidhe, Iolaire disaster monument, Lews Castle and free afternoon. The group on Wednesday will start in the afternoon and have a free morning as its half day in Stornoway.
- TOUR C: Lochs: Kinloch Historical Society, Small group trips to Seaforth Head, Talks, Seaforth Museum, Viewpoints
- TOUR D: Harris: Airdh, Tarbet (coffee stop, shopping, Harris Tweed, Horgabost Beach, Talla na Mara, Rodel St Clements Church.
Each tour would start between 9am and 9.30 depending on destination and finish by 5.30 latest but hopefully earlier
- SUNDAY: Dinner in own Hotel (trying to get availability at the hotels for those booking their own accommodation as there are no restaurants outwith the Hotels open on the Sunday night) Hotel package will include D,B&B for Sunday
- MONDAY: Separate charge: Hot Buffet, Evening short talks (Gaelic Culture, Island Life, Seaforth relationship, Crofting life (Those not wanting to join this can book dinner in their own hotel in addition to the package or go out in Stornoway) B&B in hotel package
- TUESDAY: Separate charge: Laxay Show Grounds for Reconciliation with MacLeods including Bar-B-Q and Ceilidh (open to locals).
- WEDNESDAY: Dinner in own Hotel. Booked as D,B&B in Hotel Package, Separate charge: Sunset at the Callanish Stones
- THURSDAY: Separate charge: Gala Dinner in the Caberfeidh Hotel B&B in hotel package
- FRIDAY: AGM: Caberfeidh Hotel in the morning
- Luggage pick up at hotels
- Coaches from Hotels to afternoon Ferry
- Travel as foot passengers to Ullapool
- Coach transfer to Inverness